Friday, May 29, 2009

Staying close to the Homestead

Mood: calm, cool and collected

This week, although technically a short one, seemed to drag like the first half of the movie Titanic. Finally Friday was the date open in my organizer. It was finally time to punch the habitual time clock and I had zilch to complete on my calendar. The last few weeks, if not months, I planned on staying in on Friday night, yet always seem to get caught up in a tempting invitation to run amok.

During my workday I felt high as though I had puffed some magic dragon. The only fix I had was a strong cup of coffee before settling in. Perhaps it was the subconscious knowledge that I would be off for the next 48 hours. In any event, the 8 hours breezed by and I gleefully skipped to my car and headed home.

It has been a calm, serene evening since I have been in the casa. My companions have been Oprah, Judge Judy and a hot box of delectable sausage and mushroom on thin crust. After a relaxing shower, I will climb into a freshly washed set of sheets and fall into a peaceful sleep. God bless the luxury of 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton and a fluffy pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment