Monday, May 18, 2009

All good things must come to an end

This has been a lovely 3 day weekend, filled with family, friends, personal reflection, spirituality and quiet personal time. Friday brought good times with co-workers in an after hours mingling of stories, adult beverages and no shop talk.



Saturday dawned at a very delayed hour, I awoke to the sound of my beloved furry companion wagging his tail and kicking his hind leg in his sleep, dreaming of chasing the lizards in our backyard. The kids and I were hungry so we all washed away the eye boogers out and brushed away the yuck mouth and headed to the local mom and pop breakfast joint. When our bellies were stuffed to the gills we headed home (safe and sound with a 16 year old driver behind the wheel). The rest of the day was a mesh of reading, napping, classic movies and more napping.

Sunday morning rolled around, after a delicious home-brewed pot had been consumed I was amped on caffeine and began house cleaning. Living in Southern California, when the weather is dry, the ants like to attack our kitchen searching for water like a wandering nomad in the Saudi desert. An hour later the counters and floors were so clean one could eat off them.

As this was also where the saying "what goes up must come down" comes into play, the caffeine had worn off and I was ready to nap. (Gotta love these lazy weekends of rest) My intentions of gardening and cleaning out the garage became blurry indeed. Again, the rest of the day was filled with napping, reading, and eventually catching up on emails.

Today was Monday, the kids were at school and I enjoyed another quiet day. I finally went back to the gym to get my workout regimine back in gear. My exercise routine has been void of any priority to say the least. Although the machines were cursing my muscles for being absent so long, I perservered like the litle engine that coul and finished a great workout. This afternoon I barbequed some burgers and chicken, made a fresh pasta salad and baked beans, the kids and I shared a nice family dinner in our backyard with the scent of honeysuckle in the air.

As the title stated, all good things must come to an end..... so now I am watching the news and finishing my blog catch up. This week is a short one so I am knocking on wood, crossing fingers, and praying to the work Gods that it goes by speedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment