Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SERENITY AMONGST CHAOS

Current mood: blessed
This afternoon I found myself with a few minutes to catch my breath from an otherwise very long and hectic day. As I took a stroll down the long hallway of doom all I could think about was all the tasks waiting for me upon my return to my little cubicle in the professional realm. I pushed open the door and stepped into a whole other world. Trying to find the appropriate words to describe the essense of today's natural beauty has left me speechless.

In this little quiet spot I could feel the sun kissing my cheeks and feel the gentle breeze caressing my skin and softly blowing my hair. The birds were chirping as though they were in their own private sanctuary and the scent of fresh blooming jasmine filled my senses with a frangrance only mother nature could provide. The sky was a perfect shade of blue and each cloud looked as though it was strategically placed just for my enjoyment.

As I took a deep breath I felt an overwhelming sense of calmness and inner peace, almost spiritual in nature. In a world full of chaos, uncertainty, and general daily stresses, I found a sanctuary in the middle of the city, just when I needed the decompression the most. Suddenly the issues I had been praying about seemed unimportant and not worthy of my prayers. Worries and the unsettling within my own heart simply became irrelevant and an overall acceptance was found. As my new friend says (maybe too much) "It Is What It Is".

I realized my prayers were misguided. Instead of wishing for situations to resolve the way that I felt would make me happy, I have changed my prayers to be centered around what He knows is the best for me.

It is truly amazing how, in one unexpected moment, your fears and self criticisms can melt away in the right surrounding, once you step outside yourself and just enjoy a few minutes of nature. I do believe God was in my heart today filling me with love and faith, and reminders of what a truly blessed woman I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment