Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SUNDAY MORNING THOUGHTS

Current mood: relaxed
I awoke in my darkened bedroom. The curtains were drawn but the windows open. The breeze was gently blowing the curtains keeping the room cool and fresh. Thanks to my fabric softener, I inhaled the scent of vanilla orchid. Outside, the blue jays were chirping to one another and frolicking amongst the tree tops, at eye level view from the exact spot where my head rested on my pillow.

In front of me was my beautiful daughter, sleeping with her morning book in her hand. Obviously she had snuck into my bed when waking up, bringing her book with her, where she promptly fell back to sleep. Her face looked so peaceful and innocent. He had a few loose curls of brown hair falling across her cheek and her eyelashes never looked so long.

Behind me was the dog, freshly groomed and bathed, curled up against the small of my back. His breathing was slow and deep. Every few minutes his foot shook as though he were dreaming of bird chasing. The alarm clock went off, the sound of gospel jazz filling my ears, perfectly fitting for a Sunday morning. I found myself unconsciously smiling as I drifted back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment