Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Emotional Rollercoaster

Today was a day full of highs and lows from the moment I crawled out of bed. Unfortunately for me, I had my days confused, all credit for that to the Memorial holiday. I thought today was my day to close the office, meaning I work a later shift, so I showed up to work at 8am thinking I was 30 minutes early when in fact, I was 30 minutes ate! Egads!

I kind of missed my fellow cube monkeys after three days so I was tickled pink to walk in and see all the smiling faces greeting me. It also helps to walk into the office and inhale a strong pot of coffee. If I didn’t know better I would swear it was calling my name. I filled my cup and dove head first into the habitual routine: emails, printing work reports, prioritizing the day’s workload. I must admit the day passed pretty quickly.

I was a good girl and went to the gym after work where I had a letdown hurling me into a very malevolent mood. I promised myself six years ago I would never be 200 pounds again and today I broke that vow. So disheartening; I really let myself down. It’s time to get my fat behind back on track and back into shape. I am going to Los Angeles in two weeks and I want to be back into the 190’s by then. 190 would be fantastic but I would settle for 195.

As if this weren’t depressing enough it was followed by a quick stop into the grocery store. It is frustrating to have such a tight financial strain in this economy. Budgeting your last few dollars to stretch until payday is no easy task. Somehow we always make it and the kids never go hungry. This was a depressing moment knowing I could not get them all food they need.

I was feeling blue when I got home but my kids cheered me up by thanking me for a yummy dinner (I made tacos) and cleaning up without me even asking. I decided that had a lot of nerve being worried over finances when there are people in even more dire straits. Some people cannot even get a few things to last a day or two, nor have jobs or the benefit of belonging to a gym. So, in hindsight, I knocked some sense into my thoughts and found that proverbial silver lining. Turn out the lights, the pity party's over.

Later this evening I finally got to see MF again after two full weeks! That man works harder than anyone I know. Between two jobs and a promising acting career, his schedule stays jam packed. He picked me up and we went to a local place called the Egyptian Tea Room, which is a coffee/hookah lounge. We caught each other up on the latest news while sipping the sweetness of Milky-Way lattes. DELISH!! He really does have potential to be someone special but that’s what I thought about AJ too, so I am being more careful this time around. I guess time will answer all. Buenos noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment