Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bonding, Boys and Bobcats… Ohhh My

Well it’s been a tornado of hustle and bustle since my Friday night couch spudding. Saturday brought my BFF and me to the car dealership where we drove off in a sexy new Sebring. The only bilious cruelty was the fact that it has been months since we have had rain in Southern California and the very day she buys a convertible, you guessed it, the clouds were trickling. This did not preclude us from checking out a new hotspot Saturday night.


As previously mentioned, the budding new love prospect has a second job as club security. I must admit our vestiges of glamour paired with head-of-line V.I.P. privileges made us the envy of the commoners who were standing in procession, trying to keep the drizzle from ruining hard-earned hair do’s. The rest of Saturday night is somewhat of a fuzzy memory but I distinctly remember boogying a lot because my dogs were barking when I got home and took those stilts off.


Sunday brought a family dinner up at my pop’s casa in the mountains. Although it is a mere 30 minutes away it feels like a whole different world. The feast was devoured and the Tums were brought out. The men retired to male bonding over the baseball ballgame and the ladies ventured down to the game room with the intention of using Wii Fit to work off dinner’s caloric intake. Once I was pooped out I went outside and watched Mr. Sun disappear behind the mountain. Amazingly, as my derrière was parked on a huge rock formation, a pint-sized bobcat wandered into my world and actually came up to me close enough to touch! Talk about a domesticated wild animal. Luckily, I had my cell phone handy and was able to snap a priceless photo. (See above.)


Alas, all good things must come to an end. Monday brought the incarnation of another week working for a megalomaniac boss, high on his own delusions of power, who stinks of audaciousness. The flip side to this coin was that upon my dreaded weigh-in at the gym, I am back under the 200 pound mark and on my way to getting my girth back to a tolerable dimension, one not occupying the greater half of the Northern hemisphere. To top this off, I had a date with the aforementioned boo. He made a simple dinner and purchased several brands of vino to pick and choose from. Accordingly, the imbibing began. And as the old adage goes, “A lady never kisses and tells.”


Today was Tuesday according the calendar on my wall. Work was the predictable humdrum train of malarkey, caboosed by a jazzy hairdo, a graduation prize courtesy of the best salon stylist this side of the Mississippi. Absurd how something as simple as a smidgen of pampering can elevate ones mind state. My evening is now gearing to a slow halt, so muchas gracious for allowing me to vent my moods and emotions in this forum. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment