Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Morning Reflections

Mood: reflective (duh)

Another weekend almost gone. Friday was supposed to be a kick-back-at-home night. A little “me” time; a pedicure, a facial, a classic movie and an early night to bed. The only thing that happened out of that plan was the early night to bed, and that’s if you count early in the morning.


Through a mutual friend I was talking to a new guy via text and eventually over the phone. While I have feelings for A.J., I am following my intuition that we will never be serious. But I digress…

I meet up with this new guy; we shall baptize him as “MF.” We converge at the local dive bar, share a drink and get to know each other. He is not the typical reflection of what I am physically attracted to, but he is a complete southern gentleman with manners, ambition, and a great sense of humor. My friend K meets up with us, shares a shot and we all head out. MF goes to work, me and K come back to my place and meet up with our other friend J who is there waiting for us. We end up playing Wii bowling and Rock Band until midnight.

Saturday was spent mainly in and out of sleep comatose, reading and watching a Forensic Files marathon. I was feeling very frisky after a night of temptation but no follow through. AJ came by on his way to work. He promised me he would not drink that night (his night job is at a club) and would come back after work. I had the Sade playing, candles flaming, his dinner in the oven warming and a cute nightie on. Later that evening he texts me, informing me he is drunk. I was so let down I told him to just go home. The candles were blown out, dinner thrown away and the music off. I thought we were genuinely back on the right track but as the saying goes, three steps forward, two steps back. The shame of it is that I really do like him. I could have deep feelings if given enough time, but actions like these are immature and foolish. I also like MF but we have only just met and anyone can seem nice in the beginning.

Oddly enough I awoke feeling very relaxed and at peace with the whole situation. I told AJ how I feel and why I told him to skip coming to my place. Perhaps I am at an age in my life where I do not waste energy on pointless battles. I no longer will chase a man simply to be in their life. I am no track star and when you chase a man, all he does is run.

Moving on, it is a beautiful day in southern California, I have a gorgeous breeze and am on my balcony watching the birds fly through the treetops and enjoying a nice cup of coffee. My dog is at my feet and I am quite content with life. It is Mother’s Day and I am putting all this man hullabaloo behind me and focusing on the two best blessings I have in this world, my offspring.

So if anyone is reading this, Happy Mother’s Day, enjoy your time with those you love. Tell at least one woman in your life how special she is, even if it can’t be your own mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment