Thursday, May 28, 2009

Searching for the reset button

Today was a day that began disorderly from the very moment I woke up, which incidentally was about 20 minutes late. Like a deranged woman I threw on the first rag I could find, brushed my teeth as I scurried downstairs and broke every traffic law known to man on the road. Despite the good faith effort I still ended up being late. Good intentions turn blurry, especially when one has come to the conclusion that the job they are driving to is nothing more than the means to a financial end.

If it weren’t for my comrades and our relentless flurry of jokes, I think unemployment would be a more enticing fate. Some days, usually Friday’s, resemble a comedy act we should probably take to amateur night. If s stranger walked into the commentary they would think we were crazed females. Case in point, one of the girls, I’ll call her J, stated the other day “I’ll try to keep my vaginal references to a minimum.” Anyone other than us would have heard that and said WTF!!! But if you knew Miss J, this type of statement makes total sense. That girl has some atypical brain waves floating through her cranium. And I love her to pieces for it.

Tomorrow morning when I wake up I will be able to say TGIF!!! If I can just get through one more day I can tell this crappy week to exit stage left. This week has been traumatic, not for myself, but to my closest circle of friends. I must admit I have been blessed to be the individual providing support instead of being the one needing the encouragement. I only wish I could take the hurt and pain away. I remind myself that if there are not trying times, one will not appreciate tranquility when they have it. Economic crisis, instability and unjust force into justification mode are unsettling at best. Defending the indefensible.

As my very wise friend once told me: Control, Alt, Delete. That is what I wish I could have done on this day. Time for a long hot shower, a quick text to MF to reassure I have not forgotten him during this chaotic week, and a crawl into my welcoming bed for some much needed shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment