Thursday, May 14, 2009

High tide

After such a chaotic workday on Wednesday I went home for Mission POSSible. I emailed five resumes, and followed up with three more faxed this morning. As that beautiful squeak from the receiving fax machine chirped at me, I said a silent prayer to the Gods of Employment to allow at least one of my ditties have a beneficial outcome.

Meanwhile the office MOJO is polluted with gossip, nasty comments and unhappy coworkers. I suppose once that invisible boundary has been crossed the damage is done, reentry into good standing is hard pressed. Even grown adults can behave as petulant children. Until my knock on opportunity’s door is answered I will continue to dance the medical record waltz as a means to stay financially afloat. Tread lightly my friends, tread lightly. Blondie said it best “The tide is high but I’m holdin’ on”

My evening was filled with quality time with mi familia. We finally used a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed the culinary euphoria of California cheese steaks, orange chicken and a knock-your-socks-off burger. To top the meal off we indulged in a few desserts to bring home along with most of our dinner in take out boxes.

Once our waistlines ballooned beyond recognition, we strolled through the mall to work off some of the grub. The daughter and I found a cute dress for her dance tomorrow and a new pair of dressy sandals to boot, all for under $25.00. I love a bargain!

It is now the closing of my day. I have an old black and while classic movie on “The Verdict” on, browsing the web for new job prospects and retiring to bed early as tomorrow begins at 5:30 am instead of 7am. I will conclude my night with a prayer for strength, wisdom, courage, and giving thanks for all things blessed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment