Thursday, May 7, 2009

After Thoughts

mood: reflective

As my Wednesday hump day was heading into the homestretch I was pleasantly surprised to get a text from the gentleman I shall henceforth refer to as "A.J."

He writes that he misses how we used to relax in each other’s company, following with an invitation to his house. I obliged the request with the stipulation that I could watch the Laker game while there… It is the playoffs after all and a girl needs her Kobe Bryant fix!

I watched my Los Angeles posse fight for their victory while sitting next to him with the obligatory glass of Muscatto in hand. We behaved like two teenagers… holding hands and stealing kisses (and I “cop” to a few caresses as well, no pun intended) when the parents were not watching. Obviously I had to be coy with him until the commercial breaks (what an I say? It was a great game!)

When the game was over he walked me to my car and gave me a warm, firm embrace and a kiss on the cheek. I drove away with a final wave of the hand, feeling relieved that we seemed to be putting passed issues behind us. The vibe I feel now is one of moving forward.

What the future holds, I am unaware. I can say that the connection, once feared as lost, has been reborn. We no longer vacillate about labeling our relationship or torment each other regarding what the future holds. I am content to sashay down our unchartered path, as long as he continues holds my hand while stroll down that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment