Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just another magnificent Monday

Current mood: content

The first day in the life of a college grad…

…was nothing short of spectacular. Although there is the pending loom and doom of student loan payments ahead and no tangible job offers in the field, it was a blessed day indeed. Right out the gate, I awoke from a sound sleep, threw the hair into a ponytail and found just the right ensemble of rags to adorn my positive vibe.

I headed out the door happy to have a job waiting for me. Upon arrival I saw the smiling faces of fabulous co-workers and inhaled the scent of fresh coffee in the air. After pouring my morning cup of Joe I dove head on into a ton of paperwork, endless phone calls, faxes and data entry.

After stepping through a few piles of shit courtesy of our outsourced buddies in India and a quick catnap at lunch, I headed home. On my way out I was granted the most delish jar of homemade pasta sauce by one of my favorite peeps in the world, courtesy of her outsourced personal chef, otherwise known as Le Boyfriend.

A quick 10 minute drive through town and I was home, tossed some pasta into boiling water and watered my newly transplanted garden while they cooked into tender little swirls of perfection. The best compliment went out to Chef Nick from my never-satiated 16 year old son who was so enamored by the sauces flavor he didn’t even ask me to pass the parmesan nor fill a second bowl.
And now here I sit, sipping a hot latte on my balcony, watching the sun go down over the pacific. It is clear enough that I can see the ocean today, which is a rarity in this age of air pollution combining with the clouds of May gray. I hear the inspiring sounds of the high school band practicing a few blocks away, the resonance of percussion and bagpipes carried in the airwaves.
I may not have the luxuries and riches some strive for, but in my mind, a day like this was a blessing that will not be taken for granted. And that is the best luxury of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment