Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday reflections

Mood: relaxed

The God's of work must have heard my prayers because this week each day meshed into the next rather seamlessly. Dues were paid, Y chromosome jokes were shared, virtue triumphed. Friday is now in my scope and although no plans have been set, I will most likely end up at my local watering hole toasting with the usual gang of miscreants.

Every week I plan on spending a quiet weekend at home, relaxing and getting caught up on tedious tasks. Yet somehow, through well practiced rationalization, I get caught up in the Friday burn out, throw on my miniskirt and hypodermic heels, head out to turn on my Friday night flirtation and troll for new victims. I kid. No victims, just the regulars who I see every weekend.

On a positive note, I have submitted several resumes online this week. It feels great to be proactive in the search for a better career opportunity. I have been Sherlocking all the credible internet sites I can find and applying for better opportunities. I must admit I shed a few tears of pride when I was able to update my resume to say AA Degree “completed” in lieu of “currently attending.”

One of the facilities hiring is a place I worked as a temporary employee last year. SDHPC has a beautiful mission; that no one should die alone or in pain. It has been my goal to be hired permanently and be a part of this awesome mission, so I am crossing my fingers that something will come out of this. I would love to add this to my roster of successes.

Well, time to take the daughter to dinner. The son is watching CIF playoffs so it’s just us chics hanging out together tonight. Hopefully we will follow it up with a movie and a tuggle (family word for snuggle) in bed.

Thank God it’s almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment