Monday, August 31, 2009

Confessions of a self proclaimed lazyass

The day started at 6am when the clocked rudely buzzed in my ear with the utmost of annoying shrills. Then I realized... I'M OFF TODAY!!!! Is it 100% deplorable how much enjoyment I got hitting the dismiss button and rolling back to a blissful sleep?
After waking an hour or so later I was home delivered a steemy fresh latte ala boyfriend #2. OK, so he's not a boyfriend, but at the current moment he is indeed #2 in the ranking of admirerers. Now I sound completely stuck up (I assure you I am not, it's just been a good summer for Cali, go figure.) Another positive vibration was the promise of said admirerer to look into the purchase of those sought after Louboutin heels mentioned last week. The pouty lip has not even made its appearance yet....
I had a million and one things on my agenda, of which a lonely two got done. That was only due to the fact that there was narry a clean towel to be found in the house and I had to wash my rear end at some point in the day. The other was done only because the call I had to make called ME, gotta love those persistant bill collectors. They sure mark their calendar on what week one receives their paycheck. That latte, although delish, did nothing for my typical motivational boost.
The rest of the day was pretty much a wash, no pun intended. I watched an hour of Cosby reruns, polished my piggies and read the newspaper, and I don't even feel guilty. Now, I go back to bed and prepare for another day in the Medical Record Slave Trade (Thanks Nic for the humorous text with this terminology).

No comments:

Post a Comment