Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Kind of Love


The end to another fabulous weekend in America's Finest City has come to a close. Where do I begin? Well, let's see......

Friday night began with a early dinner date to Bennigans where I consumed 1/4 of my Monte Cristo sandwich, garnished with two long island iced teas. Immediately after dinner, my date, feeling rather bold, brought me to the mall where he proceeded to brazenly enter Victorias-not-so-Secret and peruse the unmentionables drawer, picking the "perfect" ones for me. Something tells me this was not his first panty-raid rodeo. I was home and in a comfy bed by 10pm, which was a welcome feeling after a very long week.

Saturday brought the typical laundry list of weekend agenda's. Groceries, errands, housekeeping, etc. My plan (as usual) was to schlump around within the boundaries of my domicile all evening but alas, AF called and pleaded for me to go out. Apparently browsing bridal magazines with the older sister (aka BrideZilla) was not her idea of an entertaining Saturday night. We headed to my local watering hole and kicked up some dust with the obligatory attendance sheet of fugitives. Feeling very Mae West, I did my share of innocent flirtation for a few adult beverages. In this economy a girl has to do what a girl has to do, right? Even in the trenches of a neighborhood bar, gentlemen do exist. A few felonious capers later we called it a night and pretty much passed out.

After rather grudgingly removing myself from the chalk line this morning, the hind quarter was washed and the day’s adventure of fun in the sun commenced with my bestest bud. Although we are proletarian riders, we loaded up the cruisers and took off for lands unknown. The veld known as Fiesta Island sparked our interest (pictured above) thus the journey began. It is four miles around but we were back at our origin with 30 minutes, so we rolled a second lap. The sweetest sight of the day was watching a doting father and his heavily padded pee wee footballer practicing tackles in the sand. The rest of the day was spent updating the IPod for this week’s listening pleasure and laying out work cloths. And now, it is time to close the laptop, turn off the light, and catch some beauty sleep.

What a glorious weekend. I feel like I just landed on three cherries at the Indian slots.

No comments:

Post a Comment