Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Scope of Things

Mood: 50% disheartend and 50% delighted

Considering no one reads this blog anyway it's no biggie that it's been a few days since I last wrote. To say life is transitory is about right. Someone must have prayed hard for me because in this shitty economic era I was blessed to find a new job rather quickly. Oh my... the relief. Although this offer was not my top choice of open positions I have interviewed for (thus far) it is indeed a step up the ladder. Should the opportunity I crave be offered, I will mos def accept and gracefully back out of the current offer.

The letdown in my world is the ending of what I thought to be a solid friendship. I have been nothing but kind to this person, always offering to help and trying to bite my tongue when my advice was not sought. I have given this person rides, bought them lunch, loaned them bus fare, taken on their workload and consoled during times of tears. I have opened my heart, home and life to this individual.

Little did I know this person already assumed I was not worthy simply due to my astrological sign. I was lumped in with the roster of evil-doers in their experience who also happen to be Aries and accused of being self-centered. I'd take a guess this person also thinks I am a spoiled daddy's girl, although this was not said outright. Anyone who truly knows me will tell you I am a generous person, to a fault. Sometimes I give so much of myself there's nothing left for myself. I suppose we all have our sensitive subjects and childhood woes we carry into adult life. I think the maturity level and differences in opinion have proved to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Switching gears: my bff from Los Angeles was here during an extremely trying time in which a dear person in my life was struggling with health concerns. EJ, you are always in the right place at the right time with me! Now THAT is a friendship worth fighting for (incidentally, I have done so, many moons ago). If it wasn't for him being around and distracting the crumb snatchers from worrying about their Grandma's health, the last week would have been so much harder. God truly does bring people into our lives for a reason.

Onward to a new beginning. I shall embrace what is good and disregard what causes hurt. There is zero chance here of blessings being taken for granted. I am one lucky woman and appreciate all I have. Now I pray for those close to me to find their happy place (emotionally, financially, and of good health) and for me, a life of pandemonium to morph into a life of serendipitous occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment