Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Prose and Cons

The first part of the day was passed alongside my fellow cubettes with the typical dorm room doctrine. I find myself crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, and any other ligaments I can in hopes of the new job opportunity to be granted. As much as I love my girls, it’s not viable to take care of my responsibilities on meager kibbles.

The sad part of my days are watching my chums go through personal struggles. I so wish I had the power to absorb all the pain and afford them equanimity. This seems to be a common sentiment lately. Times like these reinforce my appreciation for being single. Sure, I have lonely moments but the serenity far outweighs the hara-kiri relationships can bring. Sometimes I wonder if I should be at the cathedral lighting candles or knocking these men so far back that their asses fly over the teakettle.

I titled today’s blog Prose and Cons because relationships are full of these, in a sense. Prose meaning words that cause substantial heartache; Cons because when those hurtful words are spoken, oftentimes they later want to be recanted, especially when the veracity of the situation is realized. Be careful what you wish for fellas because you just might get it. Those who do not legitimatly have the best interests of their loved ones in mind are nothing more than con artists, professional bullshitters and scoundrels.

Rather than running off in a tangent and have an all-out male bashing session, I will cut my thoughts short for the night. As women, we must remember that a person can only do to you what you allow them to do. We must take ownership of our own faults too.

Tomorrow evening I will be heading back to Los Angeles to bid my final farewells to Papa, who was genuinely one of the good guys. Perhaps it will be there, in the house of God, that I will light those aforementioned candles… one for Papa and one for all my girls to find inner peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment