Friday, June 26, 2009

Fastidious forethought

A week full of ups and downs can leave a person feeling numb. I only wish I could say I was comfortably numb instead of feeling like I am deep in the bowels of my own existence. With so many health concerns in my immediate family the frustration on the job front pales in comparison. I have put in my two week notice because the company is built on quicksand. Each and every day the rules are changed and reaffirm my belief that those so-called bosses are flying by the seat of their pants.

My life is higgledy-piggledy to say the least but I have to remain optimistic that a forward career move is in my very near future. I have many resumes floating around in cyber space, each sent with a "vaya con dios" and a prayer for the right thing to find its way into my world. I know I am not the only one who has felt like if they get one little break in the career they can make such a difference, we only need one person to believe in us and give us the chance to show how much we want to do to improve the lives of others. At least for those who seek to make a difference via social services as I do.

As I climb off my soapbox I ask anyone who reads this to send a little message to the big man upstairs and remind him that I need a little bit of extra love right now to get the lives of my children and myself back on the right path. I return the blessing back to you all too.

No comments:

Post a Comment