Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday night, sleepy, and sunburned.....

Saturday morning roused me from a restful sleep. After a few hundred swigs of the home brew I threw a few rags in my Louis bag and awaited the toots of my bff's horn for pick up. We both felt the need for a 24 hour day-cation. She has been itching to break in the new wheels and I needed to seriously disengage from reality (meaning a temporary reprieve from teenagers).

We put the top down, tossed the bags in the backseat and headed to the PCH to take in the serenity of the coastline. Between the concealed bottle of wine, the wind in my hair and the sun kissing my shoulders, I found the best form of self-medication. We sailed the scenic route to Los Angeles and ended up in the infamous Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier. After a long stroll down the boardwalk and a few Kodak moments (see photo avove) we headed into Hollywierd to check out the latest and not-so-greatest. We treked around Sunset, Vine, Wilshire, Highland and a few more noncoms, people watching, drinking latte’s and smoking cream flavored cigars.

Later we switched gears and headed to EJ’s house. Earlier this week he suffered the loss of his beloved grandfather, Papa. I had an emotional week, but his was legitimately more disheartening and I was drawn to console him as best I could. The bff and I ended up staying at EJ’s that night, visiting with the family and catching up with the offspring.

This morning we lazed around the living room with no motivation… the thought of another hot latte finally stimulated us to get our arses in gear. Again, we put the top down, threw our bags in the back and headed to get our caffeine fix. Next stop, San Diego, home, and back to the veracity of real life.

I must admit, after this nifty trip I feel like I have released some of the pollution out of my life and decompressed the tension of recent months. So now here it sit, propped up in my cozy bed, dog at feet, cool breeze blowing the drapes and on my trusty laptop. My skin is hot to the touch from sunburn, my feet are a bit sore from all the walking but I have still not felt this relaxed in a long time. A huge thank you goes out to my bff Goldie for being the driver and great partner in crime.




And now…at long last... sleep…..



No comments:

Post a Comment