Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ho hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tomorrow is Wednesday already where has the week gone? One hopeful thing so far was a last minute job interview after work yesterday. Please, let the Gods of higher earning potential hear my prayers! Today was a pretty good day all things considered. Work was low key and non stressful. The nice boss treated everyone to Hershey’s hot chocolate from 7-11 and although I passed on the cocoa fix it was a welcome sight to see everyone enjoying their liquid candy bar.

I also came to the decision today to write the jailbird brother back. This was no easy decision I assure you. Part of me wanted to go Judge Judy on his ass and ream him with all the hurt he has caused me and my children. The paradox was that I also wanted to gracefully have my say, get things off my chest, and make peace with it. I opted for a compromise of the two. My letter was concise, honest to a fault and from the heart. Enough said.

I got word that the funeral for Papa is Friday, so I will be headed back up to Los Angeles Thursday evening to pay my respects and say my final farewells to a man who touched my heart in so many ways. He will be missed and remembered with a smile and a mind full of joyful memories.

Not much else to say today, guess I am feeling a bit blue. It took a lot of effort today to keep the old choppers smiling when I felt sad but with the piece of good fortune I have at work (my awesome coworkers) I made it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment