Monday, June 15, 2009

A Tale of Club Eviction


In the same spirit of my Twitter buddy, Single Steve, I thought I’d share my weekend’s story of getting kicked out of a club in PB. Although his story was bar far much more comical, my club eviction was easily as ludicrous and undeserving, at least from my scope of things.

I’ll start with Saturday’s schedule. Mind you, I was rudely brought back into the land of the living at 7 am by a series of text messages from a very bug-a-boo 12 year old reminding me of her taxicab needs for the day. Aye Carajo! Eventually I forged my way down the stairs to self-medicate with a dose of Expresso and milk. Thus began the day’s melee of grocery shopping, merrymaking cupcake baking, mom’s taxi service and dog bathing. The unglamorous life of motherhood.

By 2 pm I was hot, irritated and ready to switch my beverage of choice to Skyy and Red Bull. By 4 pm I was headed to the bay, crème cigar in hand and drink in the other. Fast forward a few hours, a queen sized portion of pasta and bbq pork and I was back at the bff’s crib changing for the next adventure at PB Bar and Grill. Mind you, I detest this club, but being unfaltering in the friend department, I would not have missed my bia’s birthday fiesta.

One Long Island later I was texting my girls because somehow we got separated on the dance floor. Some asshole with a name badge, whistle and flashlight apparently missed the memo that his job description was merely club security, not one protecting the Obama’s. Well this dude on an ego trip decided I was a probable suspect of domicile destruction. He informed me I had to leave and was not welcome to return. Fine by me, next time I’ll have a viable excuse to skip the merriment and stay at my local dive where I can chill in my pink fuzzy slippers if I so choose.

So, Single Steve, my story is not quite as humorous as yours and did not include pseudo pee on the wall (ya’ll would have to read it, it was really not a bad as it sounds, rather slapstick-meets-reality.) You can find his story, written for the Daily Aztec at http://tinyurl.com/mc68jf

No comments:

Post a Comment