Friday, June 19, 2009

Beautiful Soles

Today was a sad day, period. I can say I had the proverbial rug pulled out from underneath me at 7 am. I woke up with a strange feeling, but brushed it off as raging hormones. I did not give my intuition the credit it deserves. Once at work I saw the cube next to me cleaned out, no sign that my fellow cube monkey had ever been there. All her fashion cutouts, photos and remnants were removed like toenail polish when getting a pedi. To say I was shocked would be the biggest understatement of the year.

Without delving into details, I will say that the day went by about as quick and painless as a root canal. In fact, I rather would have endured ten root canals, than to go through the despondency again. I know my friend is buoyant and will bounce back with vigor. She is smart, hardworking, dedicated, genuine and beautiful inside and out. All these great qualities and she still got shafted for the pettiest of reasons. Sometimes standing up for your beliefs has a heavy cost.

Although I know we will remain close friends, the daily commentary, inside jokes and fashionista advice will be missed. Just today I was not able to get your opinion of the ensemble I wore, a gift from my dear old mother. Was it a cute summer outfit or did it resemble a southwestern table cloth?

Pina, I keep you in my prayers to find a better opportunity quickly and without stress. When you do, shoot me an application because I don't know how much longer I will survive in our insane asylum with the lunatics running it. Oh- and I got my cruiser today, complete with basket! So we can still do our beach cruise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment