Sunday, September 9, 2012

Simple Inspirations

 
One of this weekends projects was very simple, yet gratifying. This table was a freebie. The only materials required were a wire brush (my bbq brush worked great!) a square of sand paper for a few rough edges and a can of spraypaint. (Rustoleum, cornflower blue) 
 
The final result was a simple, but very girlie table. My old table was an impulse purchase. Note to self: it helps to actually measure the area you plan on using the piece instead of just "eyeballing" it. It was too large and took too much space. This new, shorter, smaller one, works perfect.
 
I am eager to give my balcony a face lift sometime in the next few weeks and turn it into a place of zen (although I may call for reinforcements on that undertaking.) It needs sanding, a fresh coat of paint, and some type of attached planter for a bit of greenery. Stay tuned.....
 
the table was very rusted and in need of TLC


I love the color contrast and the feminine appeal. After all, it is for a lady's patio!

No comments:

Post a Comment