Sunday, September 9, 2012

For the Love of Lists


As of late I have become very forgetful which is a huge disservice to ones' self when you are brimming with creativity. I seem to be a magnet to new information. However, I feel like I am trying to pour a gallon of ideas into a shot glass. I have found my solution in the form of a mega-organizer. It contains run-of-the-mill tabs for addresses, calendars, and memos. Additionally, I have inserted a personal divider that catalogues my eclectic thoughts. Under this tab you will find over a dozen tabulations for matters of interest to yours truly.

These range fromthe proverbial "to do" list to special upcoming occasions. There is a manifest of "someday" travel destinations (my love of cobblestone streets, chic Bettina, and off-the-beaten-path adventure), community volunteering opportunities (I am a huge believer in giving back), upcoming release dates and movie titles, topics that have piqued my curiosity which I intend on exploring, and music to purchase online, to name a few. In fact, as I write this blog, I have television on in the background and a new list is forming in my head of several upcoming specials on KPBS that look quite interesting. One is a movie entitled "Call the Midwife" (Sept 30th); the other, "The Dust Bowl" (Nov 18), both of which are based on histrionic individuals who made a difference to Europe and Early America.

The largest section is for creative projects I want to undertake. Said blueprints range from my attempt at photojournalism, blog topics and a wide array of Do-It-Yourself visions. These lists have become so detailed I had to create an entire book exclusively for these art pour l'art (translation: art, for the sake of art), which includes a sketch pad and pencil/ruler pouch. I am no are-teeeest, but the doodles make sense in my head so I suppose it makes no difference. Do not get me started on the photos I have from my hours of web surfing "DIY" which are now nestled comfortably in a binder, protected by plastic sleeves.

If anyone ever stumbled on my organizer they would surely get a glimpse inside my head. So, readers, do any of you keep lists? If so, would you care to share your thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment