Thursday, November 5, 2009

Buttons and Belly's

The week's almost over and many good things have come out of the hours. First and foremost, the decision to resume my education has been set in stone, all paperwork has been submitted and my expected start date is Nov 16th. I have been blessed to spend a lot of time with the offspring this week between school events, dinners at our seldom-used dining room table and even a few puzzles have been pieced together. Why is it that one single piece is always missing when you are done? The Jebediah of the jigsaw must have something against me finishing a puzzle and enjoying it with all 500 pieces locked in place. Moving along...

Today I spent a lovely afternoon con mi madre. I could not get my sewing machine to work but being the seamstress she is, mamasaan got it up and running in no time flat. Next stop was the fabric store where I bought over 20 yards of textile for projects put off for far too long. YAY for the old fashioned hobbies.

This evening I went to dinner with SL and enjoyed the most delish Japanese Teppanyaki at Shogun Kobe. The dinner would not be complete without a drink called a Samurai, served in the belly of a token Sumo wrestler. It now sits fondly on my mantle overlooking the livingrom domain. I think I may have overdone it because now all I can think about is SLEEP!

Kensheeewaaaaa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment