Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wake Me Up When September Ends



It's been a week since my gainful employment has not been so gainful and in a word it sucks. I pray to the powers that be that with October there are more than falling leaves and the annual hunt for a last minute costume. I aim to be one of the currently unemployed 12.2 million in Californication to find legitimate wages, perferaby sumplace where I can make a difference in this tainted world. With this endeavor comes a formitable armada of resumes and an overflowing levy of calls. Until then I keep plugging away, looking for work as a needle in the proverbial haystack.


Current blessings are decent health, fabulously smart children, a roof, a full belly (perhaps 2 full) and a new love interest on the horizon, one who is a breath of fresh air-all substance sans the flash. I must admit I anticipate the day we snuggle up seeking warmth and not fighting for the best posible fan coverage on these sweaty autumn nites (it was 103 today uuugh). In any economy, chivalry costs nothing. I have a tight circle of dedicated friends and family, relationhips that have survived the test of time through misunderstandings, relocations, child rearing, marriage, divorce and differences of opinion. These are the people who tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. So here are my shout-outs: Nicole and Niko, Eric, Goldie, Nicole S, Chuck, Steve and Zee.


Despite financial setbacks one must never overlook their true fortunes nor have to be reminded of them from the inside of a chinese cookie. The silver lining with fall comes scarves, boots and my favoite accesory-tites. Oh how I love my variety of those ditties. It would be pure fabulosity to don these favorites as I skip off to a job each morning.


And now, I close the laptop, brush the choppers, call for my faithful furry companion and get some shut eye. Soon this lone ranger will be riding with a new posee of coworkers and kicking up dust all over the new frontier.

1 comment: