Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

Becomming the master of one's own fate can be challenging, distressing and cause an avalanche of uncertainty. Hoping an emotional investment will pay off, praying for patience. Crossing your fingers that you won't regret your final decision. If you do find that 20/20 hindsight, that there is wiggle room to fine tune the situation to becomming a positive choice in the long run. The price to pay can cause a heavy heart but a wise and circumspect individual will assess all factors.

I now find myself in the triage phase of life, trying to find my momentum again and get resestablished in the job market. Regretfully, I had to decline the promotion with my company and resign all together. A tough decision that affected my sleep for days on end. In the end, the other priorities in my life had to be put back in their top ranking slot. Although I am a bit knocked off course, I will persevere and rise above it.
For now, I shall salvage the weekend, as it is my best friend's birthday and she truly deserves a stress free, celebratory night. I remind myself that I am blessed to have so many irreplaceable people in my life and remove my name from the guestlist at this pity party. Monday morning, the job search begins full throttle and this too, shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment