Friday, September 25, 2009

Random thoughts for today



What does one do when they are presented several options, all of which they are interested in, but for different reasons? Does one sit down and write out an old fashioned list of pros and cons? Do they follow their heart? Do they try each option out one at a time and weed out the undesirables? Or perhaps cast all options aside and start with a fresh batch? When one attempts to sway with heated rhetoric while the other contains a history within itself, which holds more weight?

I have never been a person to make snap decisions about any issue of importance; in fact I am quite the opposite. I have lost countless hours of sleep over major choices in the thoroughfare of life. I find myself in the position to discard components of my life as a snake sheds his skin, but with this scenario comes an epidemic rebirth of past affiliations, those I am weary about allowing back into my inner psyche. Sometimes the right choice is not the easy one.

What does it mean when the "wrong" choice repeatedly emerges and casts doubt to its standing as the "wrong" choice? Does it ever become the right path? Is repeated evaluation a sign of something that is ultimately meant to be? These are the uncertainties that make my conscience scream at me.

1 comment:

  1. When presented with several options take the path that is not easily the first choice as the rewards will make you feel happy later that something was accomplished opposite of making wrong decisions, which repeat keeping feeling of sadness or confusion.

    ReplyDelete