Thursday, September 10, 2009

Technicolor

Today was a tough day. My emotional traveling took me all over the map. By 4:30 I was screaming "Mayday!" and heading home with a heavy heart. This economy is surely taking its toll on yours truly and I would be my last dollar there are many more individuals in my same situation. Indeed it is a Hard Knock Life.

I find myself having second thoughts about the new promotion offered to me in the corporate office of my company. On one hand I need to be home, caring for my children. On the other hand, I have bill collectors kissing my bumper daily and a son about to start college in 11 months.

I have been counseled on this matter and offered financial assistance until I obtain new employment in San Diego, which to most would seem to be a prayer answered, problem solved. But for myself, I treasure independence and self sufficiency and the cost of this help is a huge helping of humble pie ala mode. It's gut check time, kids.

The nice thing about today was coming home, being able to provide groceries for my kids, gas in my car and a bottle of two-buck-chuck for moi. As I start sipping my happy juice, I take a step back from the emotion of the day and enjoy a long standing, but forgotten treasure: coloring with my daughter. Life is like a box of crayons-some days you get broken wax and other days you get perfect hues.

1 comment:

  1. You are a good story teller along with visual stimulation. Great choices to keep readers interested.

    ReplyDelete