Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

I am happy to report it has been a superb week. The new job is going well, no complaints thus far. It keeps things interesting being in different facilities every few days. As someone wisely pointed out to me today, we do not get caught up in office politics and gossip. What a welcome change of pace that is! The workday goes smooth and afterwards I still have the energy and gumption to participate in other activities.

Yesterday the daughter and I enjoyed a brisk cruise around Mission Bay which appears to be my most recent favorite hangout. It makes my heart swell to see the innocent little ones in their toddler swimgear playing at the waters edge, mom keeping a watchful eye and dad flipping the goodies on the grill. Kids still making sand castles and looking to their parents for approval. The sweetest sight was a dad running alongside his young daughter, encouraging her... it was her first taste of riding a big girl bike, minus the training wheels. The delight of freedom she had in her face was heartwarming.
Reminded me of my childhood and what fun it was to run through the lawn sprinklers on a hot day. Anyone remember that?




Things are blessedly calm and stable for the time being. The weatherman promises me a gorgeous weekend so perhaps another long bike ride, possibly even a family picnic, should the teenager in my house find a spare few hours in his social calendar. :) I will sure be sad to see summer come to an end. I think I will turn on the lawn sprinklers and have a run for old times' sake.


No comments:

Post a Comment