Friday, July 3, 2009

Life in the Southland

The holiday was pure fabulosity. Good times marked with good food (there went my diet for the day) and good booze (there went my diet to HELL!!!) and memories formed. Some bones were thrown, spades slapped and yes, the electric slide did break out on one occasion. After the holiday's festivities, the bff and I took our female kidlets to walk through Hollywood. We were all touched by the respects being given at Micheal Jackson's star in front of the Mann's Chinese Theater (see photo)
This was the last week in the life of SAPS. All week I have felt like a canary in a coalmine. I have finally found my way to the opening and found fresh air again, free to fly away. In other news, MF has been putting in overtime trying to get back in my good graces. After many weeks of a packed schedule he finally has time to spare. We have spent some time together, movie watching, sharing meals and chats over Starbucks treats. A wise friend once told me "Never make someone a priority when they only consider you an option." Well, I seem to have morphed to the priotity level so I am just going to let the cards fall where they may. (Disclaimer: the shield around the heart is still up, I'm still a game killer, bullshit recognizer.)

The weight pendulum continues to swing, I have lost another 3 pounds. Endless trips to the gym and several bike riding adventures. If San Diego Bay was not so polluted I would swim too, but the fear of growing a 3rd tit scares me off.

My never ending sherlocking for a better career opportunity paid off and I was hired at a local hospital for the admissions dept. Unfortunately they have delayed my start date due to some adjustments in job responsibilities with current employees, so for the time being, the temping thing appears to be my option. Alas, the weekend begins on this Thursday night, I have been home submitting anouther round of resumes and watching my recorded shows that have been backed up. Now reality sets in as I prepare to open a new chapter of my life.
The peepers are sleepy..... yawn... nighty night

No comments:

Post a Comment