Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Continum of Contentment



I returned home from a lovely ride feeling rejuvenated as though I recalibrated my inner contentment level. San Diego Bay is gorgeous and being that today was Wednesday, it was relatively deserted by most touristas. If I ever thought about commissioning a painting, the view today would be the scene. There is nothing quite like the mental peace one feels when having time alone to think random thoughts, listen to the birds chirping and feel the sun kissing your shoulders while the ocean breeze blows your hair. All while actually getting some exercise for the old bag of bones!

After a luxurious bath, complete with eucalyptus spearmint aroma therapy bubbles, I schlumped around listening to talk radio and preparing for tomorrow's adventures in work land (first day!) Even the verbal schoolyard brawl with a know-it-all 16 year old didn’t diminish my heart, mind and spirit. Suddenly a light bulb of understanding flicked on in my head and exploded into fireworks of clarity: my refusing to get sucked into a battle of wits with him only empowered my arsenal of weaponry. Normal instinct would have been to throw his ass over the teakettle (figuratively speaking) but something about that mental at ease gave me a new perspective. The ever wise words of Bishop TD Jakes rang in my ears “…We can convert the storms of opposition into the wind beneath our wings…” How true those words are!

And now to enjoy the rest of a peaceful evening…..





No comments:

Post a Comment