Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Innocent Flirtation, I think not!

A week since my last entry and what a week it has been. As the calendar goes, there was an actual weekend thrown in the mohair. Friday evening was spent quietly at home alone catching up on some DVR’d shows and regrouping my thoughts. Saturday I got my hair “did” and headed back up north to my second home in Carson/Long Beach (any of you who know me, realize this is EJ’s house).

After a night of quaffing in long island iced teas, to say I was intoxicated would be a severe injustice to the very word “intoxicated.” I woke up in a hotel room with a goateed chocolate bar next to me using that coined phrase “about last night…..” It is curious that a friend of 13 years suddenly becomes so attractive with beer goggles on.

Oh well, we all have stories.

Ancient Chinese proverb: One can never be old and wise if they are not first young and wild.

So far this week has been flowing smoothly downstream, no drama, no list of chores or schedule chock full of appointments. Just working my audits and enjoying family time. My Saturday night buddy has called everyday expressing his long standing crush on yours truly, much to my dismay. My global positioning must be on the right axis because MF has been calling as well, putting in his bid to don the boyfriend hat. If this wasn’t enough, there is yet a third love interest on the horizon, for which my secret crush was revealed to during my adventures in imbibing. Once more to my dismay, the attraction was reciprocated. If not for that liquid courage I don’t think I would have ever revealed this clandestine thirst. Perhaps I was just feeling extra empowered with that hand grenade in my cup.

So as the next weekend comes to my horizon I wonder what mischief I will find myself getting into. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment