Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Reverie, Interrupted

I received a call late yesterday stating the new job’s training was deferred until Thursday morning. One more day of Holy nimbus materialized for me here in SoCal and I plan on enjoying it to the utmost, one way or another.

After a night of cryptic reverie (was it hormones or Muscatto?) I woke up at 7:03 to a cell phone screaming at me, much too early for a free day don’t you think? I recognized the caller and hit the “ignore” button with zero vacillation. Unfortunately, once I was conscious the whimsy of returning to dreamland was shattered. I skimmed the “Crackberry” and realized I had 13 emails, 5 text messages and some voicemails from God-knows-when (I am awful about listening to those) and made the sound decision that I wasn’t ready to inoculate myself with that crapola.

I cast the malarkey aside, slipped my toes into my ratty house shoes and made the trip downstairs to an already brewed pot of ’Joe. (LOVE a machine with a timer). After lazily enjoying my home brew I am now ready to take on the day, BRING IT ON!!
Suddenly a lazy ride around the San Diego Bay sounds irresistible….

No comments:

Post a Comment