Friday, October 5, 2012

OKTOBERFEST 2012!!!!!!!!!!

 
Get your beer steins ready and save your appetite!! It's my favorite block party in La Mesa, California. Oktoberfest is always a keg of laughs, though I don't partake in the beer festivities, I do rather enjoy the brats, the craft booths, a tilt-o-whirl, and people watching. This year the band line up it pretty impressive. I will be there in my crappiest pair of old shoes (all those spilled suds will ruin a pair of Chucks) with all monies and forms of identification buried deep in the zipped pocket of some cargo shorts (no dropping cash or credit).
 
Last year I went with my girlfriend whom I lovingly call Ladybug. Knowing the alcohol intake would disqualify us as sober drivers, my son dropped us off and we planned on cabbing it home...  that, ultimately,  didn't happen. After about a dozen too many cocktails, we called our taxi and were informed it would be a 45 minute wait. In our drunken stupor we made the executive decision that it would be quicker to walk. Tehehe. Those 13 blocks proved to be quite an interesting journey. We had garden hedges jump at us, flowers were picked, and I drown my Blackberry in a Jack 'N Coke, which I thought would be funny to smuggle out of Pete's Place in my purse to imbibe along our way home. Not so much.  This year I hope to have just as much fun, minus the loss of cellular backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment