Sunday, January 29, 2012

Delizioso Pasticcino!




In the midst of so much turmoil, I was invited to an amazing dinner at an Italian Restaurant in the Gaslamp District of downtown San Diego, in celebration of my dear cousins birthday. We started with Bruschetta di Asti (Toasted bread topped with chopped tomatoes, basil, fetta cheese); Carpaccio di Manzo all'Albese (Thinly sliced filet mignon with capers and shaved parmesan cheese, served on bed of arugula); and Caprese (Fresh Mozzarella cheese with sliced tomatoes and basil.)

The next course was Capellini ai Tre Crostacei (Angel hair with tiger shrimp, scallops and lobster claws in white wine sauce with leeks and basil.) My date had a lamb shank with asparagus, although I didn't get to sample his, it looked like a massive chunk of deliciosity.

Dessert was a tray of pastries, each in their own way looking amazingly tempting. As a complete shocker, a monstrous size serving of Tiramisu was placed in front of me with a candle. (A private joke between her and I, as I had never tasted this divine dessert) My special day is weeks away, yet she shared her treat with me. I was touched. The only thing that made this evening better was the companions around the table and seeing her glowing with happiness as she stepped out of her horse drawn carriage. A very classy touch from her husband, I must say. All in all, a memorable evening.


 


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there. The food alone sounds amazing. The company was probably amazing.

    ReplyDelete