Wednesday, November 7, 2012

20 Minutes to Deliciousness

 
In my quest to stop the fast food madness and treat this old aging bod with a bit more respect, I have been preparing a lot more meals in my own galley as of late. Although I have tried a few recipes by television's latest celeb chefs, I have fine tuned them to my own variations of taste preference and tend to like them better. Eating healthy never tasted so delicious. Tonight's entree was a one pot creation of culinary experimentation. Components were simple: pasta, turkey meatballs and sliced squash in a home made-ISH arrabbiata sauce (basically a spicy version of marinara, jazzed up with olive oil, garlic, bell peppers and chipotle flakes.. all things I had on hand.) The following steps took less than 20 minutes total:
 
Start to boil the pasta
Chop bell peppers and garlic
Slice squash and mix with pepper/garlic
Micro veggie mixture and meatballs, takes 2 minutes for perfection
Drain pasta
Add sauce and seasonings
Toss in meat and squash
Stir into a bowl of deliciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment