Friday, May 17, 2013

Something Old, Something Blue

Several months ago I adopted a desk that needed a new home. It took up residence in my garage until I had the time and creative juices flowing to take on a new project. The beauty of these projects is the peace of mind during the process and the feeling of accomplishment upon its completion. There is something very gratifying about using your hands and mind to renew a piece that is terminally abhorrent into a beautiful chattel. Perhaps I connect with this feeling because my life is undergoing the same process. Hopefully soon I will be financially back on track and feel more positive about my future. Here are the photos:

 
 
 
 The ugly duckling
Deep scratches and dings

paint... $0    roller... $0  tray... 99 cents  
after sanding and three coats of paint, blemishes no longer seen
stencil kits..... $6.99  foam paint brush.... $0

I decided to give a pop of blue to the front..
I am on the fence about painting drawer fronts matching blue
Taaa-Daaaaah the final product set up in my room!!!
All my special accessories and the matching wicker highboy next to it.
 
TOTAL COST: $8.00

No comments:

Post a Comment