Thursday, May 23, 2013

Addicted to Vintage

The next project has been a long time in anticipation, patiently waiting for either a donated changing table or a dirt cheap one to be posted online and find its way into my workshop. (A.K.A. garage.) It wasn't really the style or material I wanted to work with but there can always be a second one later. If nothing else, I had a practice run and now know what not to do.  This was made out of pressed wood so my paint didn't adhere very well. I had to be uber careful bringing it into my bedroom when completed because the smallest bump against a wall will tear the color right off. I don't know if my last project really blew my mind, dulling everything else in comparison or if this bar cart just was a let down. I have a few girlfriends who love it so maybe it will find a new home when I complete a new one. In the meantime, I finally have a pretty place to display the cherished vintage bar ware I recently inherited. =)
 
Plain Jayne before
(please excuse the mess of a garage)
 
Finished in Heirloom White
 
Bar Glasses and Serving Snifters c. 1950's
Glass and Brass perfume/cosmetic tray c. 1970's

A few of my favorite wines..
Especially the one from my Raymond "family" vineyard.
(no real relation, but excellent vino for you oenophiles)

No comments:

Post a Comment