Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh Starry Night


There is nothing better than the feeling one gets at the end of a long, exhausting day, than the one they get when they climb into their own, comfortable bed. For me, there are a few details that complete this lovely moment. Fresh linens that have the aromatheraputic scent of Eucalyptus Mint, double pillows (one for my head and one to hug) and a goose down comfortor. I sleep slightly askew, as I typically have one foot sticking out from under the blankets. My dog snuggles next to me, a fan is on or at the very least, a window open. If I don't have my Ipod on the ocean sounds or rain forest. Admitting this may make me the arse of many 'o unkind jokes, but I can live with that.


So, as I wind down my Monday night, disconnecting from the constant bells and whistles of connectivity,  I say my evening prayers and thank the big guy upstairs for blessing me with another successful day. Buenos Noches, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment