Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Hunting We Will Go

This day began rather cobwebbed due to my attempt at cutting back on my morning caffeine fix. Well... that and the fact that every muscle in my body was screaming at me for moving furniture (solo) yesterday. This was the first bad call of the day, there were to be plenty more to follow suit. After stepping into a shower and wondering why I couldn't see, I realized I still had my eye glasses on. Hummmph! Out the window went the well intended endeavor to remove the morning cup of 'Joe from my routine.

After washing the gray out of my hair (thank you, Miss Clairol) and finishing a much overdue facial (thank you, Miss Sally Hansen),  I joined a beloved friend in her fierce, 11th hour scramble for a new place to call home. Having a large breed dog, her options are quite limited and finding an apartment in her desired neighborhood for under $1200 per month is about as likely as Ghaddafi marrying Barbara Streisand. But I digress... 

We forged through her five page list to no avail. One moving violation, a lecture from a very well-meaning La Mesa Police Officer and Grande Macchiatto, we struck gold. (NOTE: This was in fact, my FIRST coffee of the day. I needed an afternoon pick-me-up and although the cop was a hottie, he didn't take the hint from my come-hither-stare). We stumbled on a back street and found an impeccable complex. Much to our suprise, (and delight) large dogs were accepted! A tour soon ensued and the rental application obtained. I think we have a winner-winner-chicken-dinner, folks.  

So, as I climb into bed (my canine has already staked his claim by the window) with a Sleepytime Tea, I beg Mr. Sandman to grant me a peaceful night's sleep and no sore bones in the morning. *Yawn*

No comments:

Post a Comment