Monday, October 3, 2011

Forced Reboot

Begrudgingly, I must admit my cellular phone is my most used connection to the world. After being rendered continuous bodily harm, it went on strike this past weekend. I believe it was my attempt at drowning it with a pilphered-from-the-bar, liver-disintegrating, Jack and Coke, that finally sent it over the edge. After two days of fighting, it finally gave into its emminent death.  After several go-rounds with the vermin of Verizon, who ASSURED me all my information was backed up, and later luxuriated in bogus apologies, I now have one useless Blackberry that has been completely wiped naked and another brand new replacement enroute via FedEx.

I was annoyed to say the very least. I lost all my photos, contacts, email addresses, memos, scheduled appointments, passwords.... everything in one single swoosh like water down a drain.  After some mulling over, I realized this was an opportunity to free myself from the dead weight I have been carrying around in my pocket since the Clinton administration. I have come to terms with the entire affair and bid adiou to all my frustrations. I feel lighter already.

No comments:

Post a Comment