Thursday, May 24, 2012

Healing Through Music


I have recently become of fan of country music. I find the lyrics hitting home or making me laugh at the silliness. Once song in particular by the lovely Miss Taylor Swift (what a down to Earth, talented, and classy young lady) reminds me of someone close to me who always manages to hurt my feelings with things he says... If this song was tweaked by a few lyrics, it would be spot-on. So, in the spirit of customization, here are a few of the lyrics, as I sing them:

You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded
You, pickin' on the weaker one
Well, you can take me down with just one single blow
But you don't know what you don't know

Someday I'll be living in another city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be strong enough so you can't hurt me
And you will regret having been so mean
Why you gotta be so mean?


You, with your constant put-downs and your and your humiliation
You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them
I'll walk with my head down trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you
I just wanna feel independant again

I'll bet you got pushed around, somebody made you cold
But the cycle ends right now 'cause you can't lead me down that road
And you don't know what you don't know

Someday I'll be living in another city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be strong enough so you can't hurt me
And you will regret having been so mean

Why you gotta be so mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment