Monday, October 12, 2009

Serenity in the midst of chaos.....



A beautiful day indeed. The weather was finally cool and crisp, the way fall should be. After sleeping in a bit (9am.... late but not too lackadaisical) trudged to the gym for what turned out to be a great workout. The weigh in was positive, lost a few pounds. After this I came home, still bursting with energy... My daughter and I grabbed the dog's leash and our sneakers and headed to Chollas Lake. We enjoyed time together, just hiking around, taking pictures (see above) and feeding the ducks in the lake. Such simple pleasures in life, but so overlooked.
A quick drop off of Amelio (we have now dubbed him the ghost chaser, today he incessantly barked at a blank wall and chased something that we could not see.) We did some fruit and veggie shopping at the farmer's market, came home and prepared dinner together. I did the fish and veggies, she made fresh cornbread. So here I sit, in my zen-full living room, relaxed as though I haven’t a care in the world. I think I will just enjoy it for what it is and worry about life tomorrow.
To top off this evening, we are going to cozy up on my bed and watch a classic film, Gone With the Wind (1939). Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh are inviting me to come hither. But.... "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

No comments:

Post a Comment