Sunday, October 18, 2009

Keep on Keepin on...

Photo: Burbank hills looking east through the foggy drizzle.


The week has varied from sweet to bitter depending on the day. Early in the week I made a quick overnight jaunt to visit of one of the most sincere, uplifting people in my little world. Her boy wonder was gone on business so there was none of his treasured Neanderthal advice this time around; his urban cowboy character was missed. After homogenizing my nagging cough via multiple servings of apple tea and female bonding, we called it an early night. Nic crashed out and I settled into a super fluffy bed with a new book, the steady rainfall outside served as my background music. The next morning I found myself awfully sedentary in her comfy home reading a book and snuggled in a cozy robe, the drizzle still fogging up the Burbank sky. Begrudgingly, I headed home.


The rest of the week was filled with water polo games, job searching, catching up on letters to my sibling and of course, never-ending errands. Lots of quality time with the little girl in my life, as she was enjoying a vacation from school. Shopping, board games, movies, biking and hiking filled our days. Friday one of the boys on my team dropped by with a breathtaking dozen long stem red roses, he stated they were for a happy 8 week anniversary. Hmmm, a bit scary but they were sweet and a nice sentiment nonetheless. I foresee this guy being an intellectual downgrade and with no mind stimulation, no physical stimulation is possible. I require a relationship with equity and frankly, this one does not have it. (Thus the bitter reference)


Moving along… Friday and Saturday night were spent quietly at home, stitching, reading and tailoring new slacks filling my evenings. Today I woke up, my hair dancing from static in the air and the taste of disintegrated cough drops lining my cheeks. A few shots of Blue Mountain brew later, I find myself listening to my 80’s playlist, reminiscent of the topic of conversation Tuesday night, sans the Martika reference. Tomorrow I have two promising job interviews before noon, then MY BELOVED Broncos are playing the inherently inefficient Chargers, so let the rivalry and shit talking commence, as there are people invited from both sides of the challenge. Let the best team win and the loser fall like “toy soldiers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment