Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love Thyself


When catching of up on one of my way-too-time-consuming-addictions (otherwise known as Facebook) a friend of mine had a status today that really hit home for me. I have been feeling melancholy as of late and her words seemed to find me on the most opportune morning. Although I realize she was referring to romantic relationships, I found it interesting how it also could crossover into platonic friendships, as well.

My friends seem to be moving away at a race horse's pace, and a few other otiose friendships have run their course, not to mention the lack of credibly proven quality men left in my city, all three leaving a huge empty hole in my heart. Despite this, I still feel blessed to keep the most sincere, devoted, enduring-all-things friends close to my heart, no matter how far apart. I also must hold faith that the right gentleman will come along at the right time, as God see's fit. On that note, the following are the words that put a smile on my otherwise sad face this morning:


You do not have to be perfect to allow someone to love you the way you want to be loved; simply being yourself is the most perfect way for someone to love you. If a person cannot accept you and your imperfections, they certainly do not deserve to reap the benefits of all your best qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment