Thursday, January 13, 2011

4 states in 24 hours...



In the spirit of sisterhood, friendship and plain old missing my bestie and niece, NYE (eve) found me boarding a delayed 747 bound for Denver, Co. After a brief stop in sin city, where I only lost a fiver to the Wheel of Fortune nickel slot. I finally arrived into a blizzard of snow flurries and 16 degrees with a wind chill.

Barely out of baggage claim, I received a call from work asking if I would fly to Seattle on Monday to assist on a project. Although the sacrifice was being away from my kids another 5 days, it also meant groceries and a roof.

The Denver trip was awesome. Lots of time catching up and visiting with my new "family" who are wonderful people who have welcomed me with open arms as though we share D.N.A. Family dinners, sight-seeing, and a game filled NYE party made it a trip I will never forget. It was all over too fast and Sunday came before I knew it. After a bit of last minute scurrying, tearful goodbyes and loading an overstuffed suitcase, I made it to Denver International only to be informed I had another flight delay. I finally touched down on native soil at 1am. You know you have devoted friends when they are willing to do a curbside pickup in the middle of the night. (Special thank you goes out to NG... she also incurred a fix-it ticket when circling the terminal... sorry babe!)

So now, less than 24 hrs later, I sit in a Seattle hotel room, tired, cranky and dealing with a head cold. Aye dios mio senor. Calgon-take me away. Time to recharge and get a good night sleep. "T" minus 4 days until I will be home and back with the ones I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment