Sunday, July 1, 2012

MY Extreme Makeover, Weight Loss Edition


Seven years ago I was 70 pounds lighter and felt the BEST I had ever felt in my life. I was happy, confident, healthy, and full of life. I had so much self confidence.

My entire life I have struggled with my weight. Depression was a large part of it, but the main issue was being addicted to food. After several very emotional experiences in life, I just lost all hope of ever being happy and completely let myself go. At my heaviest I weighed 310 pounds, and at only 5 feet, 2 inches, I was so obese I don't think I would have been alive if I had not lost weight. After gastric bypass, I lost 150 pounds in 18 months. (as seen in the photo above).

As I said, seven years has passed and I have put 70 pounds back on. I know I can loose this extra weight. Even though I have gone up and down more times I care to remember, I somehow feel like this time may be my best chance. I finally have a steady job so I am not as stressed over money as I was before, and I can afford to rejoin my gym, which just happens to be 5 minutes from my new job. I also work for a clinic that specializes in metabolic programs and the doctors have offered to give me a consultation and help me along my journey.

So, tomorrow is Monday, July 2nd. As good as a time as ANY to get the party started. Stay posted my friends... here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment