Monday, July 9, 2012

French Heirlooms




Two months ago, the last if the five Cote Family daughters passed away at age 91. How apropos that she was the baby of the family. Being the sentimental gal I am, my father allowed me to browse their home of 50+ years and pick a few mementos to cherish them by. Sadly, neither of them were ever married or had children and they lived together their entire lives. They were the epitome of French sophistication and had impeccable taste.

I chose a hand crocheted bedspread, finished in the 1960's by my Great-Grandmother, a silver tea service, a set of 1950's end tables the sisters purchased on a trip to Turkey and a vintage filigree wall mirror. Even after their calling back to God, their giving lives on. Thank you, Cote sisters, for all your love, advice, and overall generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment