Thursday, April 26, 2012

Career Corridors


Now that I have settled into the 2nd phase of my adult life, I find myself seeking paths undiscovered thus far. I have come to the conclusion that I desire different things at 40 than I did at 20. Not so abnormal, right? Things that once ranked high in priority now barely scratch the surface of my psyche. I find myself on a perpetual ride to boredom, professionally speaking. I have worked basically in the same industry for 15 years, albeit under different titles. No matter what position I held, I always held on to my work ethic and went above and beyond what was expected. But I no longer have a passion for the health care industry, no longer look forward to going into work. Time for a fresh start.

I have a master plan and with any luck, I can set the wheels in motion in the very near future. I am setting my sights on a completely different genre of service this time around and I have a gut feeling I have found my true calling. I will have to get my knees dusty, starting at the bottom and I work my way up, but I welcome this challenge. I foresee great things in my near future. Life has no safety net, but I am excited to take this leap of faith.

pasos cortos, visiĆ³n largo…..Short steps, long vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment