Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unrequoited West Coast Love


I am mentally exhausted from eking my way through life. The pattern of creative financing and the (much appreciated) help of others, and supportive friends has served as my saving grace. Living in Southern California is grossly overrated. Everything costs more here… insurance, gas, rent and utilities. It is with a heavy heart that I have come to the conclusion that my time residing here in San Diego must come to an end. Although I love it here, this is my native city; I also cannot help but to be excited at the prospect of a new start as a single woman.


I have spent 20 wonderful years being a mother, sister, friend and daughter, some years also wearing the title of student, wife, and volunteer. My habit has been to be ritually heroic, always taking care of others. Although I have no regrets, I also anticipate what new doors will open in my future. Experiencing life in a new city in another geographical region; learning diverse cultures and exploring unchartered territory appeals to me. Living out dreams I have put on a back burner for two decades, to travel and broaden my horizons.


It is time to let my wings spread and leave the comfort of my natural habitat and be independent. I am ready to rejuvenate my lifestyle and shake things up, seize the day and live like the exoteric gypsy I have always wanted to be. This 30 something is anticipating the next era of her life.

1 comment:

  1. INTO THE UNKNOWN! GO GET EM! GRABBING LIFE BY THE HORNS. I admire that.

    ReplyDelete